Part of Rose Foundation’s guiding philosophy is that the most effective and innovative projects are often initiated at the grassroots community level. Many of these projects are too small or too new to have yet secured IRS recognition of their charitable status. Through our fiscal sponsorship program, Rose Foundation helps these projects raise charitable donations.
Temporary projects may also be ideal candidates for fiscal sponsorship, because this allows the project to focus on achieving its program objectives rather than the administrative issues and costs inherent in establishing a new corporation and seeking IRS recognition of charitable status. The Foundation helps projects with management, fundraising, and strategic planning assistance to help build the organizational capacity of start-up or temporary projects.
About Fiscal Sponsorship & Our Services
The goal of the fiscal sponsorship program is to facilitate charitable support for the project and to provide the project with support and resources so they will become a stable and effective entity. Click here to learn more about our program and the number of different services and back office support we provide to fiscally sponsored projects or click here to read our Fiscal Sponsorship FAQ.
Apply for Fiscal Sponsorship
Rose Foundation extends fiscal sponsorship to new or established projects whose goals and objectives closely match the Foundation’s own.
1) Check Eligibility: To be eligible for fiscal sponsorship from Rose Foundation, projects must:
- Further Rose Foundation’s mission.
- Be located in California.
- Present a realistic plan to raise at least $25,000 in their first year of sponsorship.
- Have the capacity to do basic accounting.
- Be able to report to funders and to Rose Foundation.
- If you are not sure if your organization will further Rose Foundation’s mission or if your group is located outside of California, please call before submitting an application.
- Applications are accepted anytime.
- The application may be submitted by mail or e-mail. We receive applications from all types of groups: large and small, established groups and start-up organizations. Therefore some of the questions may not apply to every group.
What Happens Next?
After we receive your application, staff will review it and contact you to set up an interview. We prefer to do interviews in person if you live nearby. If staff recommends that we extend sponsorship to the your project, then it will take up to three months, since the board makes fiscal sponsorship decisions on a quarterly basis.
Current Fiscally Sponsored Projects
Click here to learn more about our current fiscally sponsored projects.
Donate to a Fiscally Sponsored Project
Click here to make a donation to a fiscally sponsored project of Rose Foundation.