The Anthony Prize is a $1,000 cash award recognizing outstanding achievement in the field of grassroots environmental activism during the previous year. Either individuals or small organizations are eligible for nomination, and the Prize is oriented toward recognizing outstanding personal or volunteer-based achievement in conservation and environmental justice, rather than professionally-based environmentalism. Self-nominations are accepted. If an individual is the winner, they can designate the environmental grassroots organization that they want to receive the prize money. (Please note: The prize money must be awarded to an organization, not an individual.)
Nominations are due by March 22, 2021. Please fill out the nomination form below. The Anthony Grassroots Prize winner will be announced on Earth Day, April 22, 2021.
- Either individuals or organizations may be nominated.
- Organizational Nominees: annual budget must be below $100,000/yr.
- Individual Nominees: must be a volunteer.
- Geographic Area: California only. Activities may be local, regional, or statewide in scope.
Required materials include:
- A 2 page (1,000 word) letter describing the nominee and reasons for nomination.
- Two references including phone numbers or email addresses.
- Up to 2 pieces of additional background material such as press clips, flyers, or a newsletter will also be accepted, but are not required.
- Contact information (address, phone number, and email) for the both nominee and the nominator.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.