The Anthony Prize is a $1,000 cash award recognizing outstanding achievement in the field of grassroots environmental activism during the previous year. Either individuals or small organizations are eligible for nomination, and the Prize is oriented towards recognizing outstanding personal or volunteer-based achievement in conservation and enivronnmental justice, rather than professionally-based environmentalism. Self-nominations are accepted. If an individual is the winner, he or she can designate the environmental grassroots organization that they want to receive the prize money. (Please note: The prize money must be awarded to an organization, not an individual.)
- Either individuals or organizations may be nominated.
- Organizational Nominees: Annual budget must be below $100,000/yr.
- Individual Nominees: Must be a volunteer.
- Geographic Area: California only. Activities may be local, regional, or statewide in scope.
- Submit a 2 page letter describing the nominee and reasons for nomination.
- Please include two references including phone numbers or email addresses.
- Up to 2 pieces of additional background material such as press clips, flyers or newsletter will also be accepted, but are not required.
- The nomination letter should provide contact information (address, telephone and email) for the both nominee and the nominator.
Nominations should be submitted by email to:
grants -at- rosefdn.org (Please substitute @ with no spaces for -at-)
Please put “2018 Anthony Prize” in the subject line.
Nominations may be also be mailed to:
2018 Anthony Prize
Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
201 4th Street, Suite 102
Oakland, CA 94607
No telephone calls, please.
Nominations must be received in the Rose Foundation office by April 1. The Prize will be announced on Earth Day, April 22.