Complete the Application
To complete the online application Click Here.
Before submitting an application to Cal Wildlands, make sure that you have answered YES to the eligibility quiz.
Next, please review the required financial information and optional attachments. You may want to complete this information before starting on your application.
- Your organization’s budget for the current fiscal year (your group’s budget, not your fiscal sponsors). If you are applying during the last 3 months of your fiscal year, please provide an organizational budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Year-to-date actual expenses and revenues for current fiscal year (your group’s expenses and revenues, not your fiscal sponsors)
- Last year’s actual expenses and revenues (your group’s expenses and revenues, not your fiscal sponsors)
- Project budget for current fiscal year. If you are applying during the last 3 months of your fiscal year, please provide an project budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Year-to-date actual expenses and revenues for project for current fiscal year
- Our you can use our Excel Spreadsheet template which combines all of this information. Click here to download the Cal Wildlands Financial Worksheet
- Up to two letters of recommendations, not to exceed 2 pages each.
- Up to two press clippings, newsletters, publications, maps or photographs.
If Your Organization is Reapplying to Cal Wildlands:
Organizations are welcome to reapply and are able to do so again a year from when they submitted the last application to Cal Wildlands that was funded. To be able to reapply, we must also have received a final report (narrative and financial report) for the most recent grant from Cal Wildlands.
If you are absolutely unable to use the online system, you can email Megan Mubaraki to request a Word document version of the application [firstname.lastname@example.org].
What Happens Next
You will also receive an automatic email that says, “Thank you for your submission to the Rose Foundation.” Check your spam folder if you don’t receive this email. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us. Please let your references know that we will be contacting them. Grant decisions are usually made 3 months after the submission deadline.