About the Fund
The Rose Foundation’s Consumer Privacy Fund was launched in 2012 and has received awards from 15 privacy class action settlements to date – including Bank of America, Union Bank, American Express, Cal Fed, MBNA, Fleet Bank, Chase/Manhattan, Washington Mutual, TD Bank, NDC Health, Netflix, Google, Facebook, Experian and Total Merchant Services. To-date, the Fund has awarded over $7.3 million in privacy grants to more than 100 consumer privacy non-profits through the United States.
Fall 2023 Round
- Applications are due October 13, 2023 at 5pm Pacific Time.
- Award and decline notifications will be sent out by December 2023.
ELIGIBILITY AND PRIORITIES
The Fall 2023 opportunity is enabled by a cy pres award from the In Re Google LLC Street View Electronic Communications Litigation class action settlement. (Case No. 10-md-02184-CRB) which included allegations that Google violated the federal Wiretap Act in gathering Wi-Fi network data with its Street View car fleet. The fall funding round has a nationwide scope.
- This is a grant application opportunity for proposals that advance internet privacy for individuals.
- Please review the RFP for eligibility guidelines: rosefdn.org/wp-content/uploads/Consumer-Privacy-2023-RFP.pdf
- Click here to review the question list for the application: rosefdn.org/wp-content/uploads/PrivacyApplQuestionList.pdf
The volunteer funding advisory board is comprised of individuals with tremendous expertise in the field of privacy rights. Click here to learn about the board.
For More Information
Jodene Isaacs, Mitigation Funds Director
Email: jisaacs-at-rosefdn.org (please replace at with @)
Gabriel Rosenstein, Grants Administration and Contracts Lead
Email: grosenstein-at-rosefdn.org (please replace at with @)
Please click here to receive notifications about the Consumer Privacy Rights Fund and other funding opportunities.