About the Fund
The Consumer Privacy Rights Fund supports privacy protection and privacy education efforts. The fund was launched in 2002 with cy pres payments from Union Bank and Cal Fed Bank. Since that time, the Fund has secured cy pres awards from more than a dozen class action settlements, enabling millions of dollars in grants to nonprofit organizations dedicated to protecting Americans’ rights to privacy. The 2021 grants opportunity is enabled by a cy pres award from the HSBC Card Services, Inc. et al class action settlement.
2021 Grant Cycle
- This grant cycle seeks proposals that advance consumer privacy rights in the state of California. Proposals seeking general support or which are conducted nationally or across multiple states are also eligible if they have a clearly articulated benefit to Californians in particular.
- Applications are due Wednesday, April 28th, 2021 at 5pm Pacific Time and must be submitted via Rose Foundation’s online application system at http://www.rosefdn.org/onlineapplication.
- The maximum allowable grant request is $150,000.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek funding for projects starting July 1st, 2021 or later.
- Award and decline notifications will be sent out by early July 2021.
- Read the entire RFP linked here for full details regarding this grant application opportunity.
A webinar that briefly presented the key information in the 2021 RFP, plus a chance to ask questions about this grant cycle to the Program Officer and Executive Director, was held on Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 from 1-2pm Pacific Time. Click here to download the slides from the webinar. The webinar was not recorded.
How To Apply
Applicants must apply via the Rose Foundation’s online grant application portal.
You must register your organization with our online grants system to submit an application. To register, you will need the organization’s name, tax ID number, website, address, telephone number, email address, mailing address, contact person’s name, and position. Your email address will be your logon ID and you will set up a password. If you have previously applied for a grant from Rose Foundation, you may use your existing log-in information. Visit our online grants system here to get started: https://rosefdn.org/onlineapplication.
Once you are able to log in to the online system, click “Apply” near the top left of your screen. To navigate to the application, scroll to the heading “Consumer Privacy Rights Fund 2021” and click “Apply” on the right side of your screen.
Click here to learn more about the advisory volunteer funding board of individuals with tremendous expertise in the field of privacy rights.
For More Information
Please click here to receive notifications about the Consumer Privacy Rights Fund and other funding opportunities.
Anya Diamond, Program Officer
adiamond -at- rosefdn.org