About the Fund
Consumers’ decisions to purchase a wide variety of products are influenced by marketing claims and advertising. The Consumer Products Fund was originally created to help consumers understand product labeling, marketing, advertising and product performance claims; the potential personal and environmental health impacts of product ingredients; and to promote truth-in-advertising and also truth-in-labeling with required warnings and disclosures. Over the past several years, this fund has supported projects that promote truth-telling and consumer understanding regarding product ingredients and performance to protect people’s rights, health, and safety.
ELIGIBILITY AND PRIORITIES FOR 2021 GRANT CYCLE
There will be a grant cycle this fall, enabled by cy pres from the Shamrell, et al. v. Apple Inc. class action settlement. Proposals will be requested in the area of consumer rights education, with additional emphasis on consumer technology, product performance, and marketing claims. In addition to the grant opportunity this fall, grant cycles with similar funding will be available next year.
- This grant cycle seeks proposals that advance consumer education or consumer rights in the state of California. Proposals seeking general support or which are conducted nationally or across multiple states are also eligible if they have a clearly articulated benefit to Californians in particular.
- Applications are due Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5pm Pacific Time and must be submitted via Rose Foundation’s online application system at http://www.rosefdn.org/onlineapplication.
- The maximum allowable grant request is $150,000.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek funding for projects starting January 1st, 2022, or later.
- Award and decline notifications will be sent out in December 2021.
- Read the entire RFP linked here for full details regarding this grant application opportunity.
A webinar that presents key information on the 2021 RFP, plus a chance to ask questions about this grant cycle to the Program Officer and Executive Director, will be held on Wednesday, July 28 from 11 am – 12 pm Pacific Time. Sign up for the webinar.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply via the Rose Foundation’s online grant application portal.
You must register your organization with our online grants system to submit an application. To register, you will need the organization’s name, tax ID number, website, address, telephone number, email address, mailing address, contact person’s name, and position. Your email address will be your login ID and you will set up a password. If you have previously applied for a grant from Rose Foundation, you may use your existing log-in information. Visit our online grants system here to get started: https://rosefdn.org/onlineapplication.
Once you log into the online system, click “Apply” near the top left of your screen. To navigate to the application, scroll to the heading “Consumer Products Fund 2021” and click “Apply” on the right side of your screen.
Our advisory volunteer funding board consists of individuals with tremendous expertise in the field of consumer rights and education.
For More information
Please click here to receive notifications about the Consumer Products Fund and other funding opportunities.
Jodene Isaacs, Program Officer