Grassroots Program and Training Associate
The Grassroots Program and Training Associate works with the Grassroots Program Officer to manage the Rose Foundation’s capacity building and training programs and support our grassroots grantmaking pipeline. Our grassroots grantmaking supports small and emerging local groups that are building climate resilience and advancing environmental justice in historically marginalized or impacted communities, predominantly BIPOC, frontline, and low-income communities. They will lead and coordinate logistics for training and networking programs for grantees, and assist with application evaluation, grantee communication, and grantmaking administration. This position is a great opportunity for someone who understands community-led activism and is eager to apply their training and facilitation skills towards helping to build the grassroots base of the environmental movement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Grassroots Grantee Training and Networking Initiatives (50%)
- Support Grassroots Grantmaking Pipeline (40%)
- Participate in and Strengthen Organizational Initiatives (10%)
- 2+ years of experience working with community organizations, environmental advocacy organizations, environmental conservation organizations, or organizations working towards environmental justice.
- Experience facilitating or training small- or mid-sized groups of social sector professionals, activists, or volunteers.
- Customer service mindset: responsive, patient, and engaging with colleagues and constituents.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to work under multiple priorities and deadlines with a collaborative problem-solving approach.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Applications (especially Excel and Word) and learning a variety of new software applications.
- Commitment to environmental conservation, environmental justice, social equity, and building a strong grassroots activist base.
- Willing to occasionally work some evenings and weekends and able to sit at a standard desk for periods of 2 hours or more.